- Satisfaction levels for claimants with the DWP (Department for Work and Pensions) and JCP (Jobcentre Plus) have shown no significant improvement since our last survey of 2014. The 2014 Survey had a larger sample (approx. 400) but comparisons are still valid.
- Islington respondents showed a higher level of satisfaction with their services than for the rest of London with some questions. But even there, the most positive ratings failed to peak beyond 44%.
- Female claimants felt significantly less well-treated and supported than males.
- Sick and disabled claimants felt significantly worse treated.
- Claimants generally felt complaining about anything was at best ineffectual and at worst could lead to reprisals.
- Satisfaction levels varied a lot according to the particular Job Coach assigned to the claimant – David from Islington was praised by claimants by name more than once!
FOR THE FULL FACTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS GO TO: